Thursday 3 September 2009

Trick of the Light by Rob Thurman



This is the first book in a new series by Rob Thurman, who writes the Cal Leandros books, which I completely love.
Trixa is out for revenge on the demon that killed her brother. To do this she must find what is essentially a MacGuffin, called The Light of Life. But she's not the only one who wants to get their hands on the Light. Heaven and Hell, in their own forms are also looking to control the Light for themselves.
The characters in this book are just as much fun as the Cal books, and Zeke is totally awesome.
The ending is practically impossible to see coming, although I did suspect one of the twists, but only the minor one, and the others blew me away.
Rob Thurman has done it again, and wrote a story that makes me believe in the world these people inhabit.
And just like the Cal books, I would recommend this to people that have a snarky and sarcastic sense of humour.

No comments:

Post a Comment