Friday 28 August 2009

Three Kingdoms

*****POSSIBLE SPOILERS BELOW*****





This film got slated by critics, and there doesn't seem to be a lot of love for it anywhere else. But I enjoyed it. I wouldn't say it was the best movie ever, but it was enough to keep me entertained for the duration.

I had already watched Red Cliff, and I knew that it was the same story, so I was able to fill in some gaps. And yes, I admit there were a few, that had I not already watched the former, then I would have been lost.

There were a couple of fake laughing scenes, but were easily forgiven. Other than that the acting was excellent. You can't really go wrong with Andy Lau. Maggie Q was not as bad as everyone is saying, and I didn't notice the dubbing, but then I have to read the subtitles, so the focus is off her mouth.

The fighting scenes were intense and exciting, and I would recommend this movie to others.

No comments:

Post a Comment